Monday, July 6, 2009

Not a pretty runner

Again I've been lucky enough to run a lot this weekend... getting up early to run 10 miles (again) on Sunday. Trustom Pond and its cavalcade of deer (a baby one this time!). On the way back I trailed a woman who was on a short run, and we paced each other so I was much faster on the last mile. 10 minute miles on average for the 10 mile run, my best yet. I also attended beach yoga, which ended up being a bit d.i.y.... the teacher started with modifications so there was more thinking on my part than usual. She would say "you can do a Chaturanga if you want now!" So I would, but I'm not exactly an expert and would really have to think about it all (breathing, posture, etc.) The location (a short walk down the beach from the beach shack) and view (of Block Island) couldn't be beat though! I did miss a X-training workout but those are the breaks. I was going to try for a swim but the waves were not very inviting this weekend.

Since you are all my good friends, and I think would enjoy a laugh, here are my absolutely yucky photos from the Charles River Run. Arrgh! So awful! Please don't tell me they don't look that bad, as this will just prove my utter ickiness. Do I look like this in real life? Who would ever want to buy an 8" x 10" of this monstrosity?

My form is also awful. I look like a monkey or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment