Monday, July 13, 2009

My First Spill

It was destined to happen - I finally took a header on a run. On the banks of the Mystic River, there are a LOT of tree roots. Every time I run this route I think to myself... one of these days I'll have to trip. I knew my days were numbered, and today was the day. It was a perfect storm of the tie of my shorts coming undone, roots underfoot, two runners headed towards me and a SKUNK sighting. Luckily I took the spill after the runners passed, and narrowly avoided the oncoming skunk... Traditionally wilderness sightings are my favorite part of a run, the possibility of landing on a skunk kind of put it all in perspective.

Anyhow, now I have a nasty scrape on my shin, the first injury (and hopefully last) of marathon training.

1 comment:

  1. hopefully it will be your last.. but running is an exercise in pain management for many of us. It took about 3 years of solid, steady running for me to start in on the big injuries, but now I can't go a six-month period without one. I hope this is your last during this training!

    ReplyDelete