Sunday, June 28, 2009

Busy Runner

Although the clouds and rain are overall a big bummer, they make for a great run. Today was the New Charles River Run, a flat lovely 7.5M run from Cambridge to Watertown and back. Again I had a successful race, with around a 9:15 pace. The start was really packed and a little slow but as things opened up I was going at a decent clip. This is in no small part to the fact that I spoke with a fellow TNT runner in the first mile or so, and we really pushed each other along. Thanks Paul! It was also nice to chat along the course, something I haven't done too much of, but enjoyed very much.

As for the rest of this week, I have to say I really needed to push myself to get going. I didn't skip any workouts but there were a few times I was ready to (I'm looking at you post-work Friday run on the treadmill, and Wednesday night run after eating turkey sausage, swiss chard and pasta dinner. Note to self: sausage is definitely not a good pre-run meal).

I also managed to keep up with cross training, although my one sort-of injury/ache was from spinning on Thursday. Since I am a newbie, I forget my settings on the bike, and managed to start too low and with the seat too far back. Ow my hip. It seems fine now but really ached for a couple of days.

Now I am off to write some thank you emails to those who have donated recently - I'm lucky to know such generous people! Go here to donate if you haven't already. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment