Friday, September 4, 2009

Sorry People of Somerville, Arlington and Medford!

Today is September 4th. The big day is October 4th. 1 month. That's it. Next weekend is the 20 miler and then taper. I'm feeling the stereotypical SCARED! EXCITED! TENTATIVE!

I celebrated this milestone with a 4 mile run, hitting the pavement in all three towns listed above. I threw caution to the wind and wore a pair of running shorts I have never run in before. I bought them on sale, out of a bargain bin. There was a reason they found themselves there. Throughout the run I was very uncomfortable... perhaps felt "nude" even. These shorts were too short. They also rode up, so many people saw much too much of my upper thigh area. I was pulling them down constantly, but it DID make me run relatively fast (well fast for me) averaging around 8:55/miles. I was thinking how I might make a Facebook update detailing this, but decided it was just too much information (TMI). I also thought how other people on Facebook (not my friends of course, at least I hope not!) may have written about this girl and her large blazing white upper thighs. Those who read this blog are actually interested in this running thing, so you get the down and dirty details above. Lucky you!

No comments:

Post a Comment